Test Driver Terms and Conditions
- Your participation in the Test Drive is voluntary and based upon your own initiative.
- You declare that you are in good health, that your eyesight is of the standard required for the UK road driving test and that you are not suffering any illness or disability which may make it unsafe for you to drive.
- You are solely responsible for any decision as to your fitness to drive. If at any point you are not fit to drive you must cease to take part in the Test Drive immediately. You confirm that you have not consumed any alcohol on the date of the Test Drive and that you are not under the influence of any drugs that may affect your ability to drive.
- You confirm that:
- you are the holder of a current UK driving licence permitting you to drive motor cars on UK highways;
- you are over the age of 25 years of age and not older than 75 years of age;
- you have held a valid full driving licence for a minimum of 1 year
- you do not have 6 points or more on your driving licence and have not committed a major driving offence within the past 2 years.
- You will at all times during the Test Drive drive with reasonable care and you shall indemnify fully Hyundai, their representatives, agents and servants against any action or claims for damages (including costs) which may be brought against it, and or its representatives, agents and servants arising out of any reckless or irresponsible driving on your part.
- Should you have any cause for concern as to the roadworthiness or safety of any Hyundai vehicle, you will bring the matter immediately to the attention of a Hyundai representative. In the event that a vehicle has a failure during the Test Drive, you should immediately notify us. At no time should you attempt to rectify the fault or access the vehicle’s engine or electrical systems.
- Hyundai reserves the right to terminate your involvement in the Test Drive at any time and for any reason.
- You are liable for any penalty, fine or fixed penalty in relations to offences committed during the Test Drive.
- You will not smoke in the vehicle.
- You will wear a seat belt properly fastened and abide by the driving and safety requirements and provisions of the Highway Code and applicable laws at all times during the Test Drive.
- You are free to take photographs or make video recordings, and share content of the static vehicle that will be on display before and after the test Drive.
- You will not take photographs or make any video recordings during your Test Drive.
- You will follow the designated routes and obey all instructions from Hyundai or those employees/authorised agents responsible for running the Test Drive. Unnecessary stops and deviations from the designated routes are not permitted and if you fail to comply you may be prevented from driving further.
- Unless you object, we may use your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Test Drive programme (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Hyundai throughout the world.
- Hyundai (including any of their agents) shall be the absolute owners of any and all photographs, film, video and other materials (and all rights therein, including the copyright) produced pursuant to these Driver Terms & Conditions.
- Unless you object, Hyundai may use your photograph, and/or likeness in any manner and with whatever copy they choose. You understand that Hyundai is not obligated to use your image.
- Hyundai accepts no responsibility for any personal effects or belongings left in the vehicle or lost or damaged during the Test Drive.
- In case of any contravention of applicable laws, and/or regulations, you shall be individually liable for these offences.
- You expressly waive to the extent legally possible by signing these Driver Terms & Conditions any claims or recourse against Hyundai, Hyundai’s employees, representatives, agents and servants connected with your participation in the Test Drive.
- Nothing in these Driver Terms and Conditions limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You shall be liable for any damages caused by your wilful or negligent breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Driver Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Driver Terms and Conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).