HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY (HMC) Corporate Disclosure to Korea Exchange
Disclosure date:September 1, 2011 Disclosure title:Resolution on Disposal of Treasury Stock
1. Number of shares to be disposed:1,979,740 common shares
2. Expected disposal amount:KRW 401,887,220,000
3. Disposal date:October 31, 2011
4. Purpose of disposal:Grant of bonus stock to employees
5. Method of disposal:Input into each employee’s stock trading account
6. Date of board decision:September 1, 2011 * 5 of 5 external directors were present for the board decision. Audit committee member was also present.
7. Treasury stock holdings before the disposal
Type of shares
Number of shares
% of total shares issued
a. This disposal will take place after acquiring treasury stock for the purpose of granting stock bonus to employees. Number of shares and amount may change depending on number of employees at the date of disposal and closing price.
b. The “Expected acquisition amount” has been calculated by multiplying the number of shares to be disposed by the closing price of common share the day before the board decision date. The amount is subject to change based on shift in share price. (Closing price of common share on August 31, 2011 : KRW 203,000) c. Shares will be disposed by depositing the shares directly into each employee’s individual stock trading account.