1.Details of Operation Shutdown :
- Work stoppage in manufacturing plant
2.Location Where Operation was Shut Down :
- All Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Plants in Korea
3.Sales revenue of work stoppage plants :
a) Sales revenue of work stoppage plants (January ~ June 2005):
b) Total sales revenue of the company (January ~ December 2004) :
c) Sales revenue portion of work stoppage plants(c=a/b): 47.74%
4.Date (and period) of Shutdown : August 25, 2005 15:00 pm (28 hrs.)
(Based on Ulsan, Asan, Chonju and Namyang sites)
a)August 25 , 200 5 ( Thu .) - dayshift 2 hrs., nightshift 2 hrs.
b)August 26 , 200 5 ( Fri .) - dayshift 6 hrs., nightshift 6 hrs.
c)August 29 , 200 5 ( Mon. ) - dayshift 2 hrs., nightshift 2 hrs.
d)August 30, 2005 (Tue.) - dayshift 4 hrs., nightshift 4 hrs.
5. Reason for Shutdown: A stoppage in operations from the break off of talks at the Year 2005 Collective Bargaining and Wage Negotiations
6. Expected D ate of O peration R esumption: August 31, 2005 08:00 am
7. Effects of Shutdown :
- Vehicle production loss (approximately 10,143 units)
8. Applicability as a large-scale corporation : Yes
9 . Others :
- The am ount s in #3 above have been rounded up from KRW 1 00,000 .
- The ‘Expected Date of Operation Resumption’ in #6 above is subject to change depending on the outcome of the next labor- management negotiations (tentatively scheduled for August 29, 2005).
- The ‘Effects of Shutdown’ in #7 above is based on assumption compared to the production plan.