HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA ANNOUNCES 2013 GENESIS COUPE PRICING
Powertrain Upgrades, More Aggressive Design and Blue Link® Telematics Add Even More Appeal to Hyundai’s Rear-drive Sport Coupe
COSTA MESA, Calif., Feb. 14, 2012 –
Hyundai Motor America has announced pricing for the refreshed 2013 Genesis Coupe, starting at $24,250 for the 2.0T model and $28,750 for the 3.8-liter R-Spec model. The Genesis Coupe now sports more aggressive coupe styling, striking a more menacing demeanor from every angle. Inside, the 2013 Genesis Coupe interior has been enhanced with distinctive, upscale features and design cues. To match more aggressive design, both 4-cylinder and V6 engines benefit from significant technology enhancements. The 3.8-liter Lambda DOHC V6 engine adds sophisticated direct-injection technology, with peak horsepower rising to 348 at 6,400 RPM, and peak torque increasing to 295 lb.-ft. on premium fuel. The 2.0-liter turbo now generates 274 horsepower and 275 lb.-ft. of torque on premium fuel. Automatic transmissions for these two models now have 8-speeds, with paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC® manual-shifting capability. The 2013 Genesis Coupe goes on sale in March.
| Model || Engine || Transmission || MSRP |
| 2.0T || 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl || 6-Speed M/T || $24,250 |
| 2.0T || 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl || 8-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® || $25,500 |
| 2.0T R-Spec || 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl || 6-Speed M/T || $26,500 |
| 2.0T Premium || 2.0L Turbo 4-cyl || 8-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® || $28,750 |
| 3.8 R-Spec || 3.8L GDI V6 || 6-Speed M/T || $28,750 |
| 3.8 Grand Touring || 3.8L GDI V6 || 8-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® || $32,000 |
| 3.8 Track || 3.8L GDI V6 || 6-Speed M/T || $33,000 |
| 3.8 Track || 3.8L GDI V6 || 8-Speed A/T SHIFTRONIC® || $34,250 |
*Does not include $875 freight charge.
In addition to powertrain and styling enhancements, Hyundai’s proprietary telematics platform, Blue Link®, is now available, providing Genesis Coupe owners with a variety of infotainment services to meet their individual connectivity needs.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
| GENESIS COUPE HIGHLIGHTS |
- Refreshed, more aggressive exterior design with new front fascia, grille, headlight, fog light, hood designs, available LED daytime running lights (DRLs), new LED-enhanced taillight design, new 18- and 19-inch wheels
- New GDI 3.8-liter V6 producing 348 horsepower, 295 lb.-ft. torque (premium fuel)and 344 horsepower, 292 lb.-ft. torque (regular fuel)
- 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine receives new twin-scroll turbocharger and larger, more thermally-efficient intercooler 274 horsepower, 275 lb.-ft. torque (premium fuel)and 260 horsepower, 260 lb.-ft. torque (regular fuel)
- New, in-house-developed 8-speed automatic transmissions with paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC® capability
- New, retuned low-velocity-control suspension dampers
- Redesigned center stack appearance with premium stitching on upper instrument panel, armrest and center console cover
- Electroluminescent gauge cluster with information display
- Telescopic steering wheel (added to tilt function)
- New 7” Navigation System, HD Radio®, Blue Link® telematics available on 3.8 Grand Touring/Track and 2.0T Premium
- Driver seat power lumbar adjustment available on 3.8 Grand Touring/Track and 2.0T Premium
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance
program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.