Hyundai Motor Reports June 2016 Global Sales
· Hyundai Motor achieves global sales of 444,620 units
· Sales figures in Korea increases by 11.4% and overseas markets also show an increase by 8.7% YoY
– Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reports its global sales results for June 2016.
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
4. Domestic Sales is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales is based on shipments.
- Global sales in June 2016 totals 444,620 units – an increase of 9.1% YoY.
- Elantra, Sonata and Santa Fe accelerate sales in Korea reaching an increase of 11.4% YoY.
- Genesis and G90 (EQ900 in Korea) maintained strong sales momentum in June posting total sales of 5,736 units in Korea.
Breakdown of Overseas Shipment
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
- SUV models and Elantra are expected to gain sales momentum in the U.S. market.
- China Plant yearly sales figure improves due to economic recovery nationwide.
- Sales figure reveals a solid performance in India as Creta, i10 and i20 sales show strong growth.
- Sales in Russia regains with increased sales of Solaris as market conditions recover.
- Ends -