Visit Hyundai in your country/region
Font Size
Investors News

Exports Lead to Best Ever First Half Sales for Hyundai Motor Company

2001.07.02 No. 78
A 12 per cent increase in export sales pushed Hyundai Motor`s first six months global sales to a new record of 802,111 at the end of June 2001. The figure was almost 10 per cent up on the same period last year when 731,848 sales were recorded. Exports totaled 455,602 compared to last year`s previous record of 405,872 and domestic sales were also up by six per cent to 346,508 compared to 325,976 in 2000. Commercial vehicle record Within the total figures the company also saw its best ever month for commercial vehicle sales of 21,092, up by 10.1 per cent from June last year although six month sales were down slightly on 2000`s figure with 111,404 vehicles registered compared to 111,741. In June domestic sales reached a total of 64,413, up slightly on May`s figure of 63,986 and up by 12 per cent from June last year`s total of 57,276. Exports in June totaled 80,253 - down against May`s figure of 81,678 by 1.7 per cent and also down compared to the 93,032 shipped in June last year by 13.7 per cent.
notice close