|1. Model Description (Korea Market)
: Power comes from the all-new Theta engine which is being made available in 2.0-liter and 2.4-liter displacements. Equipped with Variable Valve Timing on the intake ports, a vibration and noise-reducing balance shaft and a weightsaving all-aluminum cylinder block and head, the Theta engine delivers more power and consumes less fuel than its predecessor.
2. Launching Information :
- Date : August 31, 2004 (Tuesday)
- Place : Grand Hilton Hotel, Seoul, Korea
3. Market Availability Date : September 1, 2004 (Wednesday)
4. Development Information
- Development Period : 26 months
- Development Budget : KRW 290,000,000,000
5. Sales Target :
- 2004 : Total 40,000 units (Domestic Only)
- 2005 : Total 300,000 units (Target)
A. Domestic - 100,000 units
B. Exports - 200,000 units
6. Others :
The new Sonata goes on sale in the Korean market September 1st, and will have its international unveiling at the Paris Motor Show on September 23. In January 2005, it will be introduced in the United States at the Detroit North American International Auto Show and in the spring, the car will go into production at the company`s new plant in Montgomery, Alabama.