Resolution on Acquisition of Treasury Stock
HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY (HMC)
Corporate Disclosure to Korea Exchange
Disclosure title : Resolution on Acquisition of Treasury Stock
1. Number of shares to be acquired
|Type of Shares||Number of Shares|
2. Expected acquisition amount
|Type of Shares||Acquisition Amount (in KRW)|
3. Expected period of acquisition : December 03, 2018 ~ February 28, 2019
4. Expected period of holding : -
5. Purpose of acquisition : Retirement of Shares
6. Method of acquisition : Market purchase
7. Security firm commissioned : Hyundai Motor Securities
8. Treasury stock holdings at the time of disclosure (prior to acquisition)
|Type of shares||Number of shares||% of total shares issued|
9. Date of board decision : November 30, 2018
* 5 external directors were present for the board decision.
10. Order limit per day : 213,668 common shares
36,485 preferred shares
(No.1) Preferred shares include 243,566 shares of preferred 1, 364,854 shares of preferred 2, and 24,287 shares of preferred 3.
(No.2) The “Expected acquisition amount” has been calculated by multiplying the number of shares to be acquired by the closing price of common share the day before the board decision date. The amount is subject to change based on shift in share price. (Closing price of common share on November 29, 2018 : KRW 100,000, preferred share 1 : KRW 62,700, preferred share 2 : KRW 66,800, preferred share 3 : KRW 59,000)
(No.4) Related to ‘Expected period of holding’ above, after acquisition of Treasury Stock, shares are to be retired.
(No.8) Preferred shares include 1,699,861 shares of preferred 1, and 623,862 shares of preferred 2.
(No.9) Audit committee consists of all External directors (All attended).
(No.10) Order limit per day for preferred shares is based on preferred 2. (Order limit per day for preferred 1 is 24,356, for preferred 3 is 2,428.)