HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY (HMC)
Corporate Disclosure to Korea Exchange
Disclosure Title : Retirement of Shares
1. Number of stocks to be retired : 2,202,764 common shares
652,019 preferred shares
2. Total number of shares issued : 220,276,479 common shares
65,202,146 preferred shares
3. The par value of the share : KRW 5,000
4. Expected retirement amount : KRW 412,941,946,600 (closing price for 1 day prior to the date of board resolution)
5. Scheduled period of share acquisition for Retirement : From April 30, 2018 to July 27, 2018
6. Method of acquisition of shares for Retirement : market purchase
7. Scheduled date of share retirement : -
8. Securities firms commissioned : HMC Investment Securities
9. Date of board decision : April 27, 2018
* 5 external directors were present for the board decision.
a. Treasury shares are acquired using retained earnings. Therefore, paid-in capital is unchanged.
b. Legal basis : Korean Commercial code article 343, Section 1
c. (No.1) Preferred shares include 251,099 shares of preferred 1, 376,138 shares of preferred 2, and 24,782 shares of preferred 3.
d. The “Expected retirement amount” has been calculated by multiplying the number of shares to be acquired by the closing price of common share the day before the board decision date. The amount is subject to change based on shift in share price. (Closing price of common share on April 26, 2018 : KRW 156,500, preferred share : KRW 99,000, preferred share 2 : KRW 109,500, preferred share 3 : KRW 87,300)
e. (No.5) Scheduled period of share acquisition is subject to change.
f. (No.7) After acquisition of treasury shares, shares are to be retired.
g. (No.9) Audit committee consists of all External directors (All attended).