|1. Details of Operation Shutdown:
- Work stoppage in a manufacturing plant
2. Location Where the Operation was Shut Down:
- Hyundai Motor Company Chonju Plant
3. Previous Year`s Value of Production Affected by the Shutdown: KRW 1,861,642,000,000
- Total Value of Production of Company in the Previous Fiscal Year :
- Ratio to Total Value of Production : 7.46%
4. Date (and period) of Shutdown: March 18, 2004 8:30 am (approximately 8hrs.)
5. Reason for Shutdown:
- A stoppage in operations due to an offensive odor caused by the exposure of
hazardous chemicals from a paint manufacturing plant in the nearby vicinity.
6. Expected Date of Operation Resumption: March 19, 2004
7. Effects of Shutdown:
- Vehicle production loss (approximately 180 units)
8. Total Assets at the End of Previous Fiscal Year (2003): KRW 24,250,145,000,000
9. Others :
- Amounts less than KRW 1,000,000 have been deleted from all the above amounts.
- The amount in #3 above is based on the 2003 sales revenue for the Chonju Plant.
- The shutdown period in #4 above is based on regular work hours.