HYUNDAI ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR NEW BLUE LINK™
Blue Link incorporates more than 30 innovative connectivity functions and core safety services with consumer-focused pricing options
NOVI, Michigan, June 9, 2011
VEHICLE TELEMATICS PLATFORM
Hyundai is challenging conventional wisdom in the automotive industry again with the introduction of Blue Link™, an all-new telematics platform that will offer more than 30 unique connectivity features on future Hyundai models. Today at the Telematics Update conference, Hyundai released annual subion pricing for its three packages: Assurance, Essentials, and Guidance.
| | Blue Link Packages
- Blue Link will be available in three inclusive packages:
- Essentials (includes Assurance)
- Guidance (includes Essentials)
| Blue Link Package || Complimentary Blue Link Service Period || Complimentary Blue Link with Automatic Renewal * |
| Assurance || 6 months || 12 months |
| Essentials || 3 months || 6 months |
| Guidance || 3 months || 6 months |
* New owners may elect for Blue Link automatic renewal within the first 30 days of ownership
After the complimentary introductory period, customers have three attractive pricing options based on length of service agreement.
| Blue Link Package || One-Year |
| Two-Year |
| Three-Year |
| Assurance || $79 || $139 || $198 |
| Assurance & Essentials || $179 || $315 || $448 |
| Assurance, Essentials & Guidance || $279 || $491 || $699 |
| | Blue Link Highlights
- Blue Link telematics platform will offer innovative connectivity, convenience and safety services for Hyundai vehicles
- Blue Link will be available on all future Hyundai models, starting with the 2012 Sonata this summer and the Veloster 3-door coupe this fall
- Agent-assisted advanced voice recognition system provides a new approach to performing in-vehicle POI searches vs. voice-recognition-only systems, or traditional operators
- Blue Link services will be standard on all Blue Link-equipped models for a free trial period of six months for Assurance and three months for both Essentials and Guidance; this free service period will be doubled if the customer signs up for auto renewal
A variety of features will be available at launch, including unique applications such as “Service Link” that helps drivers schedule service at their Hyundai dealer; an “Eco-Coach” that improves efficient driving; restaurant ratings; and remote door lock/unlock capabilities.
Blue Link’s innovative features continue with remote vehicle start (late availability), which allows a driver to start their Hyundai vehicle so it can be warmed up or cooled down before driving; Geo-Fence, which can send a notification if a driver has ventured outside prescribed borders or time constraints; and stolen vehicle slowdown to help police recover a stolen vehicle.
Drivers will not have to wait long for the arrival of Blue Link on Hyundai models as it will debut mid-June on the 2012 Sonata sedan.
In addition, Hyundai will launch a second Blue Link-equipped, youth-oriented coupe model, the Veloster, which will be available this fall. Hyundai projects Blue Link to be available across the majority of the lineup by 2013.
“Blue Link combines safety, service and infotainment into a complete package that works to both help simplify Hyundai owners’ lives and reduce distracted driving,” said Barry Ratzlaff, director of customer satisfaction and service business development, Hyundai Motor America. “We’ve carefully studied how drivers rely on smart phones and navigation systems as an innovative link to the outside world.
Blue Link brings that seamless connectivity directly into the car with technology like voice text messaging, POI web search download, turn-by-turn navigation, and monthly vehicle reporting. Our agent-assisted advanced voice recognition system offers a 21st century solution to performing POI searches in the vehicle. This unique and innovative approach enables Hyundai to deliver fast, accurate searches and downloads of POIs to vehicles while allowing drivers to keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
As part of the Blue Link launch, Hyundai will provide Blue Link features free of charge for a complimentary period. This trial period includes 6 months of the core safety services from “Assurance,” three months of the convenience features from “Essentials” and three months of the point of interest search and navigation tools from “Guidance.” If the customer elects for automatic renewal within 30 days of purchase, the complimentary period will be doubled for each of the packages; one year of “Assurance” and 6 months of both “Essentials and Guidance.” After the introductory period, owners of Blue Link-equipped vehicles can choose to extend their services.
Blue Link Assurance further expands Hyundai’s industry leadership formerly established by Hyundai Assurance, the industry’s most comprehensive suite of new-vehicle protection. Hyundai Assurance already offers a 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable bumper-to-bumper warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, 5-years complimentary Roadside Assistance.
In typical Hyundai fashion, Blue Link services were developed with targeted service options tailored to distinct telematics user groups:
Blue Link Assurance Package
Blue Link Essentials Package
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and Assistance - Provides immediate assistance when an accident occurs and an airbag is deployed. In this event, an ACN signal, containing customer and location information, will automatically be transmitted to the response center. Upon receipt of the signal, a response specialist will attempt to establish voice communications with the vehicle occupants and forward any pertinent information to emergency services.
- SOS Emergency Assistance - Customers request emergency 911 assistance by pressing the dedicated SOS button in the vehicle. This action transmits vehicle information and location to specially-trained response specialists, who assist in coordinating the dispatch of appropriate emergency assistance to the customer. The response specialist remains on the line with the customer until advised assistance has arrived.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance - Enables customers to contact Roadside Assistance via a single in-vehicle button-press. Vehicle information (including location) is automatically transmitted to a response center, enabling the specialist to dispatch assistance more quickly and efficiently for vehicle assistance and retrieval.
- Monthly Vehicle Report – Provides monthly reporting of vehicle systems status via the Blue Link website and/or via email if desired by owners.
Vehicle Self Diagnostics
- Quick Tips – Provides quick reference assistance for primary vehicle feature location and function.
- Location Sharing - Enables sending vehicle location to select friends and members of social networking sites, including Facebook - directly from the vehicle.
- Voice Text Messaging – Enables hands-free text messaging to SMS text recipients, using the innovative Agent-Assisted Voice Recognition system allowing for natural speech messages.
- Mobile App – Available for download and access to remote services and account information. It is available for popular devices such as iPhones, Android, and Blackberry devices.
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock - Enables locking or unlocking vehicle doors via a toll-free number, owner's website, or mobile phone application.
- Remote Horn and Lights - Enables activating the horn and/or lights via a toll-free number, owner's website, or mobile phone application.
- Remote Vehicle Start - Enables customers to start the vehicle via owner's website or toll-free number, or mobile phone application. (late availability)
- Service Link – Provides convenient link to schedule service at a Hyundai dealer and to send the dealer a recorded message of requested services in advance of the visit.
- Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification - Provides explanation assistance using vehicle data and off-board diagnosis capabilities to better inform the customer of vehicle trouble s. A combination of in-vehicle display s and guided voice messages provides customers with additional instructions (information also sent to the customer's preferred dealer to assist with the repair process).
- Maintenance Alert - Notifies customers via website, email or SMS message that an upcoming service is due at various thresholds leading up to the event. Configured online, the s explain what is included in particular maintenance intervals.
- Recall Advisor – Provides all pertinent recall information should a recall be initiated.
- Web Vehicle Diagnostics - Provides a report of vehicle diagnostics, eco-coach performance and other important information in a monthly email report and web page update, starting 30 days after registering with the Blue Link service.
- Valet Alert – Enables via text message or automated phone message if a valet driver takes a customer’s vehicle and moves beyond a prescribed region.
- Geo-Fence - Enables monitoring of vehicle movement in and out of pre-defined regions configured on the owner’s website. When the vehicle enters or leaves a designated region, the customer is notified by email, text message or automated phone message.
- Speed Alert - Notifies the customer via email, text message or automated phone message when their vehicle exceeds the specified speed threshold established on the owner's website. This feature is often appreciated by parents of teen drivers and fleet customers.
- Curfew - Alerts owners if the vehicle is being used outside a pre-determined time interval. Alerts are configured online and sent via text message and/or automated phone message.
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery - In the event a customer's vehicle is reported stolen (and a stolen vehicle report has been filed with the appropriate police department), the response center can provide assistance to the police in an attempt to recover the vehicle.
- Stolen Vehicle Slowdown - Used with Stolen Vehicle Recovery, this enables law enforcement to gradually reduce the engine power of the vehicle, thus slowing it down to safe levels. A warning will be transmitted to the driver prior to the slowdown procedure.
- Vehicle Immobilization - Used with Stolen Vehicle Recovery, this enables law enforcement to send a signal to the vehicle which immobilizes the engine management system, thus preventing startup. This capability is only valid when the ignition is off, but the command can be saved by the engine ECU for later immobilization if the vehicle is on or in motion at the time of signal transmission.
- Panic Notification - Notifies customers when the panic button on their vehicle key fob has been activated, signifying when a family member or other vehicle occupant may be in danger. Notifications are configured online and occur via email or text message.
- Alarm Notification - Notifies customers when and where the vehicle is activated via a text message, email or an automated phone call.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation Service - Provides graphical and audible directions to a downloaded destination in vehicles that do not have on–board navigation systems.
- POI Search by Advanced Voice Recognition System - Enables Point-of-Interest searches using an automated voice system. Results can be downloaded to the vehicles for turn-by turn or on-board navigation system. This powerful tool can help you find destinations ranging from very specific street addresses like “1600 Pennsylvania Ave” to general searches like “pharmacy” or “sushi.”
- POI Download from Websites – Allows owner-directed download of point-of-interest data from selected websites.
- Daily Route Guidance with Traffic Condition - Enables customers to pre-define several routes to a common destination and receive a regularly-scheduled traffic for traffic delays along those routes. Results include flow and incident data, along with "Fastest Route" recommendation.
- Traffic Information - Provides traffic information surrounding the customer's vehicle and in the nearby area, based on preferences established using the owner’s website.
- Gas Station Locations and Gas Prices - Locates nearby gas stations with the lowest prices. Results are played back via automated voice, and can be downloaded to the vehicle’s navigation system.
- Eco-Coach - Tracks the customer's driving performance habits (MPG and CO2 emissions) on a continual and historical basis. Results and environmentally responsible driving recommendations are provided on the owner’s website. Customers can compete in a Blue Link community of drivers.
- Restaurant Ratings – Provides a tool to search for local restaurants with the highest ratings. The address can be downloaded for turn-by-turn navigation or onboard navigation.
- Weather - Provides weather forecasts and s for the immediate area or for customer-defined “favorite” locations within the owner website.
More details on Hyundai Blue Link are available at www.HyundaiBlueLink.com
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance
program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile power train warranty, 5-years of complimentary Roadside Assistance and the Hyundai Trade-in Value Guarantee.