Hyundai Motor Reports July 2016 Global Sales
- Hyundai Motor achieves global sales of 339,273 units in July
- Sales figures of total sales decreases by 5.1% YoY
– Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reports its global sales results for July 2016.
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
4. Domestic Sales is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales is based on shipments.
- Global sales in July 2016 totals 339,273 units – a decrease of 5.1% YoY.
- Sedan models including Sonata, Elantra and Azera accelerate sales in Korea reaching a total of 18,568 units.
- Genesis G80 which started sales in July posts strong sales totalling 3,200 units in Korea.
Breakdown of Overseas Shipment
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
- Despite sales decrease in the U.S., SUVs and Elantra are expected to regain sales momentum in the U.S. market.
- Sales in China market increases as models like Elantra and Verna appeal to the Chinese customers nationwide.
- India shows solid performance as Creta, i10 and i20 sales maintain strong growth.
- Russia regains growth momentum with increased sales of Solaris as market conditions recover.
- Ends -
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centres worldwide and in 2015 sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With more than 110,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localised models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell and IONIQ, the world’s first model with three electrified powertrains in a single body type.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://globalpr.hyundai.com/
# # #