· Hyundai Motor’s sales for May 2017 total 367,969 units, decrease of 14.2% YoY
June 1, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for May 2017, recording a total of 367,969 units sold.
In the Korea domestic market, sales remained flat helped in part by the continued strong sales of the All-New Grandeur (also known as Azera overseas).
Overseas sales declined 16.5% from a year earlier as slower demand continued in emerging markets.
Hyundai Motor plans to enhance company’s competitiveness and respond proactively to changes in the external environment. The company will also focus on strengthening sales of market-specific strategic models and launching new products such as KONA , Hyundai’s first sub-compact SUV which will be unveiled later this month.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor
- Ends -