Hyundai Motor Reports September 2015 Global Sales
• Hyundai Motor posts global sales of 394,861 units in September
• Unit sales in the Korean and overseas markets rose by 8.7% YoY and 0.2%
• Shipments from China and Czech plants increased by 29% MoM and 33%
October 2, 2015 – Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reported its sales results for September 2015, posting a total of 394,861 units (+1.2% YoY). The cumulative sales as of the end of September reached 3,538,408 units (-2.4% YoY).
Hyundai Motor forecasts that the economic uncertainty surrounding the auto industry is likely to continue.
In order to overcome such difficulties, the company will respond to market changes by enhancing competitiveness via new products and focusing on reinforcing fundamentals for future growth.
■ September 2015 Sales Review
- In September, Hyundai Motor posted 8.7% YoY sales increase in the Korean market with 51,954 units sold largely due to strong RV and LCV sales. Unit shipment in the overseas market remained flat YoY with 342,907 units sold in part due to continued weakness in the Brazilian and Turkey markets.
- In terms of overseas shipments, China, Czech, and India plants played a leading role in posting over 10% MoM sales growth.
- The shipments from China plant increased by 29% MoM as the sales of main models such as ix25 and Mistra are gaining momentum. In addition, higher incentives have also contributed to increased sales. China market sales appear to have bottomed out in July and have shown two consecutive months of rebounding sales.
- The Czech plant also showed a remarkable performance in September as MoM and YoY shipments both rose by 33% and 13%, respectively. The widespread popularity of All-new Tucson has been the vanguard for the strong shipment growth.
- Moreover, the shipments from India plant rose by 4% MoM and 10% YoY due to the successful launch of Creta and steady sales of i20.
- As a result, total shipment from overseas plants rose by 13% in September compared to the previous month.
- End -
September 2015 Results:
■ Global Sales
(in unit sales)
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
■ Overseas Plants ex-Factory Sales (Breakdown of Overseas Shipment)
(in unit shipment)
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company, which leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars, offers top-quality best-sellers such as Elantra, Sonata and Genesis. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2014, sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With almost 100,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell.
# # #