HYUNDAI MOTOR PHILIPPINES, INC. (HMPH, the Company, We, Us, Our) values the importance of your privacy and the use of Personal Information you shared with Us in the course of your transaction(s) with the Company. It is the policy of HMPH to respect and uphold your data privacy rights by adopting the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality in the processing of your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice describes how We collect and process your Personal Information..
This Privacy Notice generally applies to customers who avail Our products and services including the use of Our website www.hyundai.com/ph.
By availing Our products and/or Our services, and when you use Our website, you understand and agree that HMPH may collect, use, share, disclose, and/or process your Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you have any reservation regarding any part of the terms indicated in this Privacy Notice, please do not disclose any Personal Information or do not use Our website.
We collect your Personal Information through your voluntary disclosure to Us or through Our Authorized Dealers or through Our website or through any interaction between you and the Company. For example, when you avail Our products or Our services through Our Authorized Dealers which requires the processing of your Personal Information pursuant to existing laws, rules, and regulations, Our Authorized Dealers share to Us your Personal Information in accordance with the purpose indicated in this Privacy Notice. Likewise, when you use Our website and interacted with Us through the Contact Us link, your Personal Information are collected and transmitted to HMPH.
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect and process the following Personal Information:
1. As to the identity of a person such as, but not limited to, first name and surname, residential address, date of birth, gender, and/or proof or evidence of identification;
2. As to contact information such as, but not limited to, cellphone or mobile number, telephone number, and/or email address;
3. As to product information such as vehicle model, vehicle identification details including, but not limited to, conduction or plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), engine number, chassis number, and/or motor vehicle registration file number;
4. As to Our products or services that includes internet or electronic network access through computer systems or mobile devices such as, but not limited to, internet protocol address, usage details, response time, access errors, and/or profile or log-in information in Our website, apps, or system-related services, and, depending on device, service as well as hardware settings, such as biometric data, voice, photograph, and/or fingerprint, website interactions, browsing history, access logs, cookies, and/or advertisements.
Our processing or use of your Personal Information, individually or collectively with others, may include any or combination of the following:
1. For Our legitimate business activities such as, but not limited to, the implementation of product or service maintenance and warranties including warranty and product activation, coverage and validity verification and monitoring, customer and vehicle identity verification, and communication for service and repair reminders, as well as endorsement to Our Authorized Dealers;
2. To conduct data and marketing analysis including, but not limited to, the conduct of service experience and product use surveys and reception of customer feedback, as well as market profiling, demographics and sales data reference that is ultimately intended to improve and enhance Our products and services;
3. For promotional and communication purposes such as, but not limited to, customer care activities, product-related updates and improvements, service and recall updates, newsletters, beneficial offerings and promos, and to seek further consent on other activities not otherwise included;
4. To verify the conduct and performance of Our Authorized Dealers through sales and service quality and performance reports, as well as to grant Dealer supports or subsidy claims, if any;
5. For record keeping and information and communication systems processing and storage to implement the purposes mentioned above through HMPH information and communication systems either developed exclusively for HMPH or of which HMPH subscribes into including any connected car services and similar services to enhance product use experience and customer safety.
When you access Our website, We store information about your visit in a small text file called “cookie” in your system storage. This helps Us to identify you and remember your preference the next time you visit Us. Cookies are limited and non-personal data which can only be read by the website which created it. It does not access the rest of your system. Should you prefer not to accept or limit the cookies, please configure your browser settings to deny the same or alert you every time cookies are offered. In such cases, you may be restricted from availing or accessing some features of Our website.
HMPH enters into agreements with third parties such as, but not limited to, third-party service providers, agencies, and/or Authorized Dealers in the performance of Our legitimate business activities as permitted under existing laws, rules and regulations, and in accordance with purposes specified above. We may therefore share or disclose your Personal Information to such third parties to provide you the products and services you may have availed from HMPH or from Our Authorized Dealers. The sharing and/or Disclosure of Personal Information is done with generally acceptable commercial standards of security to protect your Personal Information and on a strict need-to-know basis.
Likewise, HMPH is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC), a multinational automotive company based in South Korea hence, We may also share or disclose your Personal Information to HMC in the performance of our legitimate business activities and in accordance with purposes specified above, and subject to applicable rules regarding cross-border sharing or transfer.
HMPH values your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 as follows:
1. The right to be informed of the purposes for collecting and of processing your Personal Information as well as in case of known incidents that compromises your privacy that is subjected to mandatory notification under existing laws, rules, and regulations.
2. The right to access your Personal Information as collected and/or processed by HMPH.
3. The right to object to further processing of your Personal Information unless otherwise mandated under existing laws, rules, and regulations including contractual obligation.
4. The right to erasure or blocking of your Personal Information subject to the requirements under existing laws, rules, and regulations.
5. The right to damages or to claim for damages for any violation under existing laws, rules, and regulations.
6. The right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission.
7. The right to rectify, dispute, or correct any inaccuracy or error of your Personal Information.
8. The right to data portability or to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your Personal Information.
In furtherance thereof, HMPH may adopt internal processes, rules of procedure, and requirements to verify the exercise of such rights. In all instances, please coordinate with the HMPH Data Protection Officer at email@example.com should you want to exercise any of the foregoing and for concerns or matters relevant thereto.
By sharing Us your Personal Information, you represent and warrant the correctness thereof as well as the legality of your consent or grant of authority to process the same. Likewise, if you provide Us with Personal Information of other individuals, you also represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to provide that data and that you informed the relevant individuals of, and that they consent to, the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012, HMPH shall adopt such technical, organizational, administrative and physical measures to protect your Personal Information. We have adopted such generally acceptable commercial standards of security in the processing of your Personal Information such as data encryption and password protection of files and databases within our system. However, HMPH is not responsible for any incidents occurring during transmission of data via the internet. Any interruption or interception of communication via the internet is outside the control of HMPH as we do not provide such services.
Should we share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties in accordance with the foregoing, We shall endeavor to take reasonable steps for our third parties to adopt such level of security or protection similar to or more than that adopted by HMPH.
HMPH will retain your Personal Information only for so long as necessary to achieve the foregoing purposes. For example, your Personal Information is retained for the entire duration of the warranty for the products or services availed from HMPH or from Our Authorized Dealers. Otherwise, We shall retain your Personal Information as required or allowed under existing laws, rules, and regulations.
Through Our website or through your transaction(s) with HMPH, third-party links might be made available to you which, if accessed, will direct you to websites or apps of third parties. We do not operate or maintain such third-party websites or apps. As such, We encourage you to read and review their Privacy Notices or Policies to understand how such third-party websites or apps collect and process your Personal Information. In view of the foregoing, you understand that HMPH is not responsible for the collection and processing of Personal Information by such third-party websites or apps.
Our products and/or services are not intended for children or minors. As such, HMPH will not collect and process Personal Information of persons under the age of 18 or of minors without the consent of the latter’s parent or legal guardian. At any rate, if you are under the age of 18 or considered minor under existing laws, rules, and regulations, please do not provide your Personal Information without the assistance and consent of your parent or legal guardian. Should HMPH became aware that We were provided with Personal Information of children or minors without the consent of parent or legal guardian, We shall immediately stop the processing of such information and delete the same.
This Privacy Notice is effective upon approval and/or adoption by HMPH. HMPH reserves the right to change or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time and shall endeavor to inform you of such changes or amendments through notices via email or messaging apps, or by publications through Our website or any application platform operated or maintained by HMPH.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, should you continue to purchase or avail Our products or services upon notice or publication of the changes or amendments to this Privacy Notice, the same shall constitute as your agreement and consent to the terms of the changed or amended Privacy Notice.
If you have concerns, questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact the HMPH Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.