Hyundai Motor Reports March 2017 Global Sales
April 3, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for March 2017, recording a total of 405,929 units sold.
- Hyundai Motor’s sales for March 2017 total 405,929 units, decrease of 6.3% YoY
In the domestic market, sales increased by 2.6% year-over-year, reflecting strong sales of the All-new Grandeur (also known as Azera overseas) and the re-designed Sonata. As a result of sluggish global market demand and softer growth of emerging markets, overseas sales decreased by 7.8% compared to the previous year, recording 342,164 units.
Going forward, Hyundai Motor plans to overcome the uncertainty of the global economy by strengthening the company’s business fundamentals and responding proactively to changes in the global market. Hyundai Motor also expects to regain sales momentum by strengthening sales of strategic models and launching new products such as the KONA this year.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor
- Ends -
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2016 sold 4.86 million vehicles globally. With more than 110,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell and IONIQ, the world’s first model with three electrified powertrains in a single body type.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://globalpr.hyundai.com
Global PR Team
+82 (0)2 3464 8502