- Hyundai Motor’s sales for October 2017 total 394,078 units, decrease of 4.3% YoY
November 1, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for October 2017, recording a total of 394,078 units sold.
Overseas sales decreased by 6.5% year-over-year as reduced working days in Korea slashed export volume while the national holidays in China led to weaker sales.
Domestic market sales increased by 12.3% compared to the previous year, recording 53,012 units sold. Sales increased mainly due to strong demand in new products such as Grandeur (sold as Azera in some markets), Sonata sedans and Kona small SUV despite reduced working days due to national holidays in Korea compare to the year before.
Hyundai Motor plans to overcome sluggish global demands and rising uncertainties in both emerging and developed markets, with tailored strategies for each market and strong product line-up.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales (Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor