Hyundai Motor Reports October 2016 Global Sales
- Hyundai Motor’s global sales total 411,499 units in October, down 10.1% YoY
Nov. 2, 2016 – Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reports its global sales results for October 2016.
Sales Results (Units)
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Domestic Sales(Sales in Korea) is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
- Elantra showed a remarkable performance in October, posting sales of 7,943 units.
- Elantra was followed by Sonata and Grandeur posting 5,604 and 3,527 unit sales, respectively, in Korea.
- Tucson recorded a solid performance in the RV segment with 4,127 unit sales.
- Despite the sluggish economy, Hyundai Motor aims to regain sales momentum with soon-to-be launched the All-New Grandeur.
Breakdown of Overseas Shipment (Units)
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
- India showed solid performance as Creta, i10 and i20 sales maintain strong growth.
- Brazil also posted increased YoY sales as the economy started to recover after the interest rate cut.
- Sales increased MoM in Turkey as i20 appealed to the European customers.
- Ends -
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2015 sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With more than 110,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell and IONIQ, the world’s first model with three electrified powertrains in a single body type.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://globalpr.hyundai.com/