May 2, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for April 2017, recording a total of 364,225 units sold.
In the domestic market, sales increased by 1.5% year-over-year, reflecting strong sales of the All-new Grandeur (also known as Azera overseas) and the re-designed Sonata. As a result of sluggish global market demand and softer growth in emerging markets, overseas sales decreased by 13.9% compared to the previous year, recording 303,864 units.
Going forward, Hyundai Motor plans to strengthen the company’s business fundamentals and respond proactively to changes in the global automotive market. Hyundai Motor also will focus on strengthening sales of strategic models and launching new products such as KONA this year.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor
- Ends -