Hyundai Motor Reports August 2015 Global Sales
• Hyundai Motor posts global sales of 369,792 vehicles in August
• Both sales figures in Korean and overseas markets rose by 6.1% YoY and
2.8% YoY, respectively
September 3, 2015 – Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reported its sales results for August 2015, posting a total of 369,792 units (+3.3% YoY). The cumulative global sales for the first eight months of this year reached 3,143,384 units (-2.8% YoY).
The company will keep focusing on the overseas markets with new models and flagship vehicles despite challenging market conditions.
Furthermore, the company will be flexible in responding to significant market changes in the short term and enhance its brand power to reinforce fundamentals for future growth.
■ August 2015 Sales Review
- In August, Hyundai Motor posted 6.1% YoY sales increase in the Korean market with 51,098 units sold. The sales figure in the overseas market also rose by 2.8% YoY with 318,694 units sold.
- Though the shipment from Korean plants rose by 22.9% compared to August of the previous year, the shipment from overseas plants dropped by 2.5% YoY.
- The shipments from India and Turkey plants were robust, increasing by over 13% YoY and 52% YoY, respectively. The strong sales were driven by new products such as the Creta in India and exports of the i10s and i20s from Turkey.
- Nevertheless, total shipment from overseas plants fell by 2.5% in August compared to the same period of last year mainly from weaker shipments from China and emerging markets.
- End –
August 2015 Results:
■ Global Sales
(in unit sales)
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
■ Overseas Plants ex-Factory Sales (Breakdown of Overseas Shipment)
(in unit shipment)
* 'Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company, which leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars, offers top-quality best-sellers such as Elantra, Sonata and Genesis. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2014, sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With almost 100,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://www.hyundaiglobalnews.com
# # #