Hyundai Motor Reports June 2015 Global Sales
• Hyundai Motor posts global sales of 408,026 vehicles in June, up 5.0% month-on-month.
• Hyundai Motor’s cumulative global sales for the first six months totalled 2,416,626 units, a year-on-year decrease of 3.2%.
July 3, 2015 – Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reported its sales results for June 2015, recording a total of 408,026 units sold. This figure represents a 5.0% MoM growth, but a 1.2% decline compared to the same month of 2014.
Hyundai Motor’s cumulative global sales for the first six months totalled 2,416,626 units, a year-on-year decrease of 3.2%.
Hyundai Motor is planning to boost sales in the global market with new models and strategic models despite unfavorable conditions in the market.
■ June 2015 Sales Review
- In June, Hyundai Motor posted 4.8% YoY sales increase (+14.2% MoM) in the Korean market with 62,802 units sold. However, the sales figure in the overseas market fell by 2.2% YoY (+3.5% MoM) with 345,224 units sold.
- Though the shipment from Korean plants rose by 11.3% compared to June of the previous year, the shipment from overseas plants dropped by 7.6% due to global recession.
- The shipment from Brazil, Czech, and Turkey plants all rose more than 10% YoY. Figures from India and Russia plants also increased by 3.9% and 7.2% respectively. Nevertheless, total shipment from overseas plants fell by 7.6% in June compared to the same period of the previous year due to a decline in China and US plants.
- Slowing growth in emerging markets and impact from currency fluctuations have been the main culprit for the global sales drop.
June 2015 Results:
■ Global Sales
(in unit sales)
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
■ Overseas Plants ex-Factory Sales (Breakdown of Overseas Shipment)
(unit = one vehicle)
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company, which leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars, offers top-quality best-sellers such as Elantra, Sonata and Genesis. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2014, sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With almost 100,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://www.hyundaiglobalnews.com
# # #