Hyundai Motor Reports June 2017 Global Sales
July 3, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for June 2017, recording a total of 376,109 units sold.
Overseas sales decreased by 16.2% compared to the previous year, posting 314,272 units, with continued sales fall in Chinese market. Domestic market sales also decreased by 11.6% year-over-year, resulting in 61,837 units sold, mainly due to some pulled-up demand caused by the termination of the temporary reduction in vehicle consumption tax effective end-June 2016.
Hyundai Motor plans to enhance company’s competitiveness and respond proactively to changes in the external environment. Hyundai Motor also will focus on strengthening sales of various new products which embodies Hyundai commitment to meet popular demand and lead the industry in design, cutting edge technology and eco-friendly vehicles.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor
- Ends -