• June sales totaled 291,854 units, down 22.7% y/y
• Sales in Korea were up 37.2% y/y to 83,700 units
• Sales outside of Korea slid 34.2% y/y to 208,154 units
• Hyundai Motor will continue risk management efforts to minimize the business impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
SEOUL, July 1, 2020 – Hyundai Motor Company announced June global sales of 291,854 units, a 22.7-percent decrease from a year earlier, affected by the worldwide slowdown in economic activities resulting from the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
Sales in Hyundai’s home market increased 37.2 percent year-over-year to 83,700 units. Popular models such as Grandeur sedan (sold as Azera in some markets) led domestic sales with 15,688 units. Strong performance of Genesis brand, with the all-new G80 sedan and GV80 SUV model, helped to maintain sales momentum in Korea.
In other markets, Hyundai recorded sales of 208,154 units, a 34.2-percent decrease from a year earlier, mainly due to the slowdown in economic activities from continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
Hyundai Motor will continue risk management efforts to minimize the business impact of COVID-19. The company is implementing various schemes to take care of its customers, such as extending warranty periods and launching new models online.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
- End -
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company offers a range of world-class vehicles and mobility services in more than 200 countries. Hyundai Motor sold more than 4.4 million vehicles globally in 2019, and currently employs some 120,000 personnel worldwide. The company is enhancing its product lineup with vehicles designed to help usher in a more sustainable future, while offering innovative solutions to real-world mobility challenges. Through the process Hyundai aims to facilitate ‘Progress for Humanity’ with smart mobility solutions that vitalize connections between people and provide quality time to its customers.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://globalpr.hyundai.com
Disclaimer: Hyundai Motor Company believes the information contained herein to be accurate at the time of release. However, the company may upload new or updated information if required and assumes that it is not liable for the accuracy of any information interpreted and used by the reader.