Hyundai Motor Reports November 2015 Global Sales
• Hyundai Motor achieves global sales of 451,838 units in November
• Sales figures in Korean and overseas markets rise by 16.9% and 3.1%
• Solid performance in key markets such as the US, China, and India leads
10.7% YoY increase in overseas plants ex-factory sales
December 2, 2015 – Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, posted gains in November 2015 with global sales totalling 451,838 units - YoY increase of 4.9%. The company recorded 16.9% YoY sales increase in the Korean market with 65,166 units sold. The sales figure in the overseas market also rose by 3.1% YoY with 386,672 units sold.
Cumulative yearly sales at month end reached 4,448,969 units. While representing a 0.9% drop from the same period last year, the figures reveal a solid performance in key markets such as the US, China, and India. The shipments from the US, China and India plants all increased by 4.5%, 11.2%, and 5.9% YoY, respectively.
“While the economic uncertainty surrounding the auto industry is likely to continue for some time, we are responding to market changes by enhancing competitiveness by launching a host of new products and focusing on our strongest markets to ensure future growth,” said Hyundai Motor’s spokesman.
■ November 2015 Sales Review
Total output from Hyundai Motor’s overseas plants rose 10.7% in November, compared to the same month of the previous year. Solid performance in key markets such as the US, China, and India has been the vanguard for the strong growth.
- The shipment from the US plant was robust, increasing by 4.5% YoY. Hyundai Motor’s SUV models have led the way to the growth with high sales figure of Tucson and Santa Fe in the US market. Black Friday promotions in November also contributed to the increase.
- China plant showed a remarkable performance in November. Both MoM and YoY shipments rose by 10.0% and 11.2%, respectively, as sales in Chinese market is gaining momentum in part due to the tax cut for vehicles under 1,600 cc. Continuous strong sales of main models such as ix25, Langdong and Mistra supported the rapid YoY shipments growth in China.
- India plant also recorded notable results, increasing by 5.9% YoY due to sales recovery of i10 and steady sales figure of i20. Continuous strong sales of newly launched Creta supported the shipments growth in India.
Moreover, Czech, Turkey, Russia, and Brazil plants also posted positive results. The shipments from these plants all increased, compared to the same month last year.
- Czech plant showed strong shipments figure in November with 19.0% YoY increase, due to widespread popularity of All-new Tucson and solid sales performance of its main models such as i30 and ix20.
- The shipments from Russia plant also recorded a solid result, rising by 9.7% YoY. Steady sales of Elantra have been the main reason for the positive result.
- In Turkey, the shipments figure posted YoY sales increase for two consecutive months. Stable demand on i10 and i20 supported this month’s 7.0% YoY increase and the last month’s 35.3% YoY increase.
- In Brazil, both MoM and YoY shipments increased by 19.4% and 6.2%, respectively, due to successful launching of HB P/E (Product Enhancement) models despite challenging market situations.
- Ends -
November 2015 Results:
■ Global Sales
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
■ Overseas Plants ex-Factory Sales (Breakdown of Overseas Shipment)
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company, which leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars, offers top-quality best-sellers such as Elantra, Sonata and Genesis. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2014, sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With almost 100,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://www.hyundaiglobalnews.com
# # #