• Hyundai Motor’s sales for November 2017 total 422,940 units, decrease of 10.4% YoY
November 1, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for November 2017, recording a total of 422,940 units sold.
Overseas sales decreased by 13.6% year-over-year due to drop in automobile demand in major markets.
Domestic market sales increased by 12.8% compared to the previous year, recording 63,895 units sold. Sales increased mainly due to strong demand in new products such as Grandeur (sold as Azera in some markets), Sonata sedans and Tucson mid-size SUV.
Hyundai Motor plans to continuously deliver various sales programs that can maintain strong customer satisfaction to overcome sluggish global demands and rising uncertainties in both emerging and developed markets, with tailored market strategies and strong product line-up.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales (Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor
- Ends -