Hyundai Motor Announces Iker Casillas and Ricardo Kaká as Brand Ambassadors for 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil ™
- World-renowned sports stars to enhance Hyundai Motor’s brand image
- Activities will build relationships between Hyundai Motor and football fans
- Agreements complement sponsorship of world’s most popular sport
March 11, 2014 - Hyundai Motor Company, the official partner of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), today announced that it has selected Spaniard Iker Casillas and Brazilian Ricardo Kaká as its worldwide Brand Ambassadors for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil ™.
“We are very excited to announce these legendary football stars as our World Cup Ambassadors,” said Mr. Tak Uk Im, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Hyundai Motor Company. “Through Casillas and Kaká, we hope to share the passion and excitement of the tournament with every corner of the world, while once again showcasing Hyundai Motor’s commitment to the world’s most popular sport.”
Casillas, currently goalkeeper with Real Madrid C.F., has participated three times in the FIFA World CupTM and is considered one of football’s greatest keepers. Likewise, Kaká, a midfielder with A.C. Milan, has also played in the FIFA World CupTM three times and was awarded the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ and the ‘Ballon d'Or’ in 2007.
Additionally, in Brazil, Hyundai Motor chose Oscar Emboaba as the local representative of the brand for the tournament. Oscar is currently a midfielder at Chelsea F.C.
The Brand Ambassadors will play a central role in building relationships between Hyundai Motor and football fans, through a broad range of marketing activities this year. Activities will include television and print advertisements, digital marketing programs and on-site events.
Hyundai Motor’s partnership with FIFA began in 1999 and is currently set to run until 2022. Hyundai Motor has successfully supported major events such as the FIFA World Cup™ in Korea-Japan (2002), Germany (2006) and South Africa (2010), as well as other competitions such as the FIFA Confederations Cup. The successful sponsorship of international football has contributed greatly to Hyundai Motor’s strong and continuously-improving brand awareness and image.
Iker Casillas Fernández (Spain, 32)
- Current Team/Position: Real Madrid C.F. (Joined in 1999)/Goalkeeper (Captain)
- Member of Spain National Team since UEFA EURO 2000TM (Captain)
- Member of Spain National Team at 2002 ~ 2010 FIFA World Cup™
- Awarded as ‘Best Goalkeeper’ at 2009 LFP Award
- Received ‘adidas Golden Glove’ award at 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™
- Awarded as IFFHS ‘World’s Best Goalkeeper’ in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
Ricardo Kaká (Brazil, 31)
- Current Team/Position: A.C. Milan (Joined in 2013)/Midfielder
- Member of Brazil National Team at 2002 ~ 2010 FIFA World Cup™
- Awarded as 2004, 2007 Lega Serie A ‘Player of the Year’
- Awarded as 2007 ‘UEFA Best Player in Europe Award’
- Awarded as ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ and ‘Ballon d'Or’ in 2007
- Awarded as ‘adidas Golden Ball’ at 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup™
-End- About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company, which leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars, offers top-quality best-sellers such as Elantra, Sonata and Genesis. Hyundai Motor has seven manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers outside of South Korea and in 2013, sold 4.73 million vehicles globally. With almost 100,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://www.hyundaiglobalnews.com
Global PR Team
+82 (0)2 3464 2152 ~ 2160