Hyundai Motor Reports July 2015 Global Sales
• Hyundai Motor posts global sales of 357,795 vehicles in July
• Global sales for the first seven months reached 2,774,287 units, a year-
on-year decrease of 3.6%
• Hyundai Motor will reinforce fundamentals for future growth despite
unfavorable conditions in the market
August 7, 2015 – Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reported its sales results for July 2015, posting a total of 357,795 units (-6.0% YoY). Hyundai Motor’s cumulative global sales for the first seven months totalled 2,774,287 units (-3.6% YoY).
Hyundai Motor forecasts that the economic uncertainty surrounding the auto industry is likely to continue.
In order to overcome such difficulties, the company will be flexible in responding to significant market changes in the short term and enhance its quality management as well as its brand power to reinforce fundamentals for future growth.
■ July 2015 Sales Review
- In July, Hyundai Motor posted 0.5% YoY sales increase in the Korean market with 59,957 units sold. However, the sales figure in the overseas market fell by 7.3% YoY with 297,838 units sold.
- Though the shipment from Korean plants rose by 0.7% compared to July of the previous year, the shipment from overseas plants dropped by 10.7%.
- Hyundai Motor achieved decent sales results in US and EU markets despite unfavorable external factors such as slowing growth in emerging markets and currency fluctuations. However, overseas sales fell by 7.3% YoY due to sluggish sales in China market.
- Based on overseas plants, the shipment from US, India, Czech and Brazil plants rose in July compared to the previous year.
- Shipment from the US plant recorded a 2.9% growth YoY largely due to 45% increase of Avante(UD) shipment while the shipment from India plant rose by 5.0% YoY as i20 shipment increased 243% YoY.
- Czech plant’s shipment also showed 28.3% growth YoY backed by 36% increase of ix20 shipment.
- In contrast, shipment from China plant fell by 32.4% YoY. This was in part due to a slowing growth and great advance of local brands in China.
July 2015 Results:
■ Global Sales
(in unit sales)
1. Commercial Vehicles (CV) include LCV, buses and trucks.
2. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
3. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
■ Overseas Plants ex-Factory Sales (Breakdown of Overseas Shipment)
(in unit shipment)
* ‘Consignment (EU)’ includes the amount of vehicles produced by Karsan (Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer) on consignment.
About Hyundai Motor
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond. The company, which leads the Hyundai Motor Group, an innovative business structure capable of circulating resources from molten iron to finished cars, offers top-quality best-sellers such as Elantra, Sonata and Genesis. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centers worldwide and in 2014, sold 4.96 million vehicles globally. With almost 100,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with localized models and strives to strengthen its leadership in clean technology, starting with the world’s first mass-produced hydrogen-powered vehicle, ix35 Fuel Cell.
More information about Hyundai Motor and its products can be found at:
http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://www.hyundaiglobalnews.com