· Hyundai Motor’s sales for July 2017 total 333,180 units, decrease of 1.8% YoY
August 1, 2017 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for July 2017, recording a total of 333,180 units sold.
Overseas sales decreased by 6.2% year-over-year, posting 273,566 units, due in large part to continued sales fall in the Chinese market.
Domestic market sales increased by 24.5% compared to the previous year, resulting in 59,641 units sold. Sales in the same period last year were highly affected by production losses.
Hyundai Motor plans to enhance company’s competitiveness and respond proactively to changes in the external environment. Hyundai Motor also will focus on strengthening sales of various new products which embodies Hyundai commitment to meet popular demand and lead the industry in design, cutting edge technology and eco-friendly vehicles.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
4. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor
- Ends -