By visiting or using any of the websites or mobile applications on which this Policy or a link to this Policy appears (collectively, our “Site”) or by providing us with your Personal Data whether online or offline including at our (or our third party partners’) dealerships, workshops, roadshows, events or other physical premises (collectively, our “Premises”), you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data for the purposes described below, and will be bound by the terms of this Policy.
It is important that you read this Policy together with any other legal notices or terms and conditions provided or made available to you when we are collecting or processing your Personal Data, so that you are aware of how and why we are collecting and processing your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA"). We may update this Policy at any time, but if we do so, we will provide you with an updated copy of this Policy as soon as reasonably practical.
1. What is Personal Data and the processing of Personal Data?
For the purposes of this Policy:
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (1) from that data; or (2) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access; and
“process”, “processed” and “processing” means the carrying out of any operation or set of operations (whether or not by automatic means) in relation to Personal Data and includes collection, generation, creation, recording, organization, storage, adaption or alternation, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
2. Who is responsible for processing your Personal Data?
Hyundai Motor Group Innovation Center in Singapore Pte. Ltd. is the organisation responsible for the processing of your Personal Data as explained in this Policy.
We have also entered into agreement(s) governing the processing of your Personal Data with the related entities within Hyundai Motor Group Innovation Center in Singapore Pte. Ltd. and Hyundai Motor Group, our service providers, business partners and/or their respective subsidiaries.
Upon request, we will provide information on the terms of the agreement(s).
3. What is the scope of this Policy?
This Policy applies to all Personal Data collected when you visit or use our Site or visit our Premises, which is in our possession or under our control.
This includes Personal Data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process Personal Data for our purposes.
HMGICS may collect such Personal Data about you using the methods set out in section 5 of this Policy.
4. What categories of Personal Data are collected or processed?
We may collect and process the following types of Personal Data:
- Identity and Contact Data, such as your name, age, gender, national identification number, residential address, telephone number, e-mail address, photograph, date of birth, country of nationality or residence, passport number, driving licence details, and other Personal Data concerning your identity. We only collect, use and/or disclose your passport number and other national identification information where this is required by law, or where we need to verify individual identities to a high degree of fidelity;
- Financial and Payment Data, such as your bank account, credit/debit card numbers, insurance and loan data, and other related billing or payment information;
- Visual image and Voice Data, such as photographs and videos taken during our events and recorded on CCTV surveillance and voice recordings;
- Vehicle Data, such as car registration number, licence plate number and car chassis number (VIN);
- Vehicle Behavioural Data, such as GPS, speed, vehicle efficiency, repair history, wearing of safety belt, driver behaviour, battery usage, battery life, battery charging history, nearest charging points and workshop ;
- Survey Data, which includes data you provide in market surveys and feedback forms;
- Bluelink Infotainment System and Bluelink App Data, such as information on your usage of Services;
- Profile, Usage and Technical Data, such as passwords to our Site(s), your preference in receiving marketing information from us, your communication preference, information about how you use our Site(s), IP address, login data, browser type and version and device type.
5. How is your Personal Data collected?
We may collect your Personal Data through the following:
- Direct interactions. We may collect your Personal Data when you fill in forms, log in with your Singapore Personal Access ("SingPass") or correspond with us by post, face-
to-face, phone, email, on our social media platforms, and Site(s) or otherwise. We may also collect your Personal Data when you:
- Create a Hyundai account and log into your Hyundai Account on any of the Site(s);
- Make a purchase from us, make a pre-booking, book a test drive, or book an experience;
- Enter into agreement(s) with us;
- Attend events hosted by us;
- Request for marketing information to be sent to you; and
- Contact us to give us feedback or make an enquiry.
- Automated technologies or interactions
- As you interact with our Site(s), we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. The foregoing technologies are required to allow certain functions on our Site(s) (where applicable) to function;
- As you use your vehicle, we may automatically collect vehicle behavioural data through our Bluelink Infotainment System and/or the Bluelink App, which is accessible through the headunit in your Vehicle and any other related devices.
- Third parties or publicly available sources
- We may also receive Personal Data about you from various third parties (such as through our agents, partners or services providers or distributors, including banks, insurers and/or charging point operators) and public sources, including financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
6. For what purposes is your Personal Data processed?
Your Personal Data is generally processed by us as necessary for purposes directly related to our functions and activities.
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes (collectively, the "Purposes") and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with services including after-sales and maintenance services;
- to help us verify your identity for the purposes of processing and administering any membership application, registration, pre-booking, purchase or services;
- processing, confirming, providing and charging for bookings of test drive appointments, experience appointments, new vehicle purchases and/or vehicle trade-ins;
- to conduct market research, customer profiling and customer insights;
- to carry out profiling and statistical analysis to improve the services provided to you, including matching the information you provide through different channels to understand how we can serve you better;
- to enable you to log in using your account on the Site(s) (where applicable) and to maintain and administer your account on the Site(s);
- to inform you of changes to our programmes, policies, terms and conditions, Sites(s) updates and other administrative information;
- to prevent, detect and investigate security incidents or breaches, crime, including fraud, and analysing and managing other risks;
- to customise the Site(s) and their content to your particular preferences and to send you information in relation to your account on the Sites(s);;
- to conduct surveys, questionnaires and requests for feedback and improving and further developing our products and services and those of our business partners;
- to process or use your personal data in connection with any collaboration or initiative with our business partners;
- to improve the content and security of our Sites(s);
- for the development and improvement of vehicles, products and services;
- to respond to your queries, requests, feedback and complaints;
- for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes;
- for quality assurance, training and audit purposes;
- to meet the requirements of any applicable laws/regulations, enforceable governmental request or court order;
- to manage the safety and security of our Premises and services;
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues in connection with services provided through the Site(s);
- to provide you with updates in relation to your purchase(s) from us; and/or
- other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above-listed purposes or for such other purposes notified to you on or before collection or use of the Personal Data.
7. With whom is your data shared?
In order to conduct our business activities including carrying out one or more of the purposes set out in section 6 of this Policy, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
(a) Our service providers, business partners and affiliates:
|Categories of Recipients||Affiliates and subsidiaries|
|Content||Any companies that are owned or under Hyundai Motor Group, or affiliated with HMGICS|
|Reasons for Disclosure||To assist, operate, enhance, and fulfil services on HMGICS’ behalf|
|Categories of Recipients||Service providers, business partners and their subsidiaries|
|Content||Companies we have partnered with, engaged or hired (for e.g., our authorised sales agents and distributors) to provide services such as customer support (for e.g., after sales support), product financing, repair estimate providers, infrastructure, and other professional service providers|
|Reasons for Disclosure||To assist, operate, and fulfil services on HMGICS’ behalf|
(b) Third parties you authorise:
|Categories of Recipients||Your third party service providers|
|Examples||Certified energy installers, battery charging operators, and other service providers you may use|
|Reasons for Disclosure||To provide them with your personal data based on your consent to allow them to perform their evaluations or provide you with services|
(c) Other third parties as required by law or other circumstances:
|Categories of Recipients||Law enforcement and government agencies|
|Examples||Police, government ministries and statutory boards|
|Reasons for Disclosure||To comply with applicable laws based on our legal obligation or legitimate interests|
|Categories of Recipients||Others|
|Reasons for Disclosure||To comply with any applicable laws/regulations, enforceable governmental requests or court orders.|
(d) A replacement operator or party or a prospective party to a business asset transaction:
|Categories of Recipients||Related corporations and third parties|
|Examples||Other organisations within Hyundai Motor Group who take over operation of the services from HMGICS ; Third party purchasers of HMGICS’ business|
|Reasons for Disclosure||For the purposes of transfer of the services or the business asset transaction|
8. Are you required to give consent or obliged to provide your data?
Unless the applicable laws or regulations allow otherwise, we will obtain consent from you for our collection, use, processing and disclosure of your Personal Data.
Where you provide Personal Data about another person other than yourself (for e.g., an alternate driver of a vehicle, passengers or other users of the Hyundai Account), you represent that you have valid authority to do so and have obtained all necessary consents from such person to the collection, processing, use and disclosure by us of their Personal Data and you must make that person aware of all matters listed in this Policy.
You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Data and you can withdraw your consent by giving us reasonable notice at any time by contacting our data protection officer at the contact details set out in section 16 of this Policy.
This withdrawal of consent or refusal to provide us with your Personal Data may result in our inability to provide the relevant products or services to you.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under the PDPA or applicable laws.
9. Links to third-party websites
We may provide links to third-party websites on the Site(s). Your use of such third-party websites will be subject to their privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on the other websites you visit. As we cannot control or be responsible for the policies of other sites we may link to, or the use of any data you may share with them, you access these third-party websites at your own risk.
10. Cookies and other tools
When you visit the Site(s), we collect information about you using cookies, tracking pixels and other similar tools and technologies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser.
Cookies allow us to recognise you when you return and help us provide a customised experience and may enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
In many cases the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable manner without reference to personal data. For example, we may use information we collect to better understand website traffic patterns and to optimise our website experience. In some cases we may associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your personal data. Our business partners may also use these tracking technologies on the Sites(s) or engage others to track your behaviour on our behalf.
Third parties, such as Google, may also use such tracking technologies to collect or receive information from the Site(s) and elsewhere and use that information to serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you and measure the effectiveness of their ads both on the Site(s) and on other websites and online services. Targeting and advertising cookies we use may include Google, and other advertising networks and services we use from time to time.
For further information on how Google uses your data, please refer to http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners . To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customise Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
We do not control any of these opt-out links and we are not responsible for the availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
11. Is your Personal Data protected?
To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have put in place appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures to secure the storage and transmission of your Personal Data by us. Details of such measures are available upon request. We will only disclose your Personal Data internally, to our affiliates and subsidiaries, and to our authorised third party service providers or business partners on a need-to-know basis.
We take the protection of your Personal Data seriously but, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted through the Site(s); any transmission is at your own risk.
While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
12. Is your Personal Data transferred abroad?
We may transfer your Personal Data to an overseas recipient. Your Personal Data may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of Singapore (for e.g., the European Union, Republic of Korea, Japan or the United States of America), who work for us, or by the representatives and employees of our affiliates or parent company.
However, we will only transfer your Personal Data to other countries in accordance with applicable law.
We will take reasonable steps before your Personal Data is disclosed to an overseas recipient to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in connection with your Personal Data and to provide a standard of protection comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
13. What rights do you have with respect to your Personal Data and how can you exercise them?
Subject to any applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data - This enables you to request access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use of disclose your Personal Data.
- Request correction to your Personal Data - This enables you to request a correction or update to your Personal Data which we hold.
- Request a data portability transfer of your Personal Data - If you wish to request a transfer of your Personal Data to another organisation, we may do so in a commonly used machine-readable format.
To exercise such rights, please submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided at section 16 of this Policy. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing the request. To process your request, we may request specific information from you to help us verify your identity. This is one of our measures to help safeguard your Personal Data and prevent any unauthorised access by third parties.
14. Is your Personal Data retained forever?
We will cease to retain your Personal Data when the Purposes for which we collected your Personal Data have ceased and/or when we are no longer required to continue retaining your Personal Data for any legal or business purposes.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. A current version of this Policy will be posted on https://www.hyundai.com/sg/privacy-policy , and date stamped so that you are aware of when the Policy was last updated.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will provide notice including by way of a banner on our website or mobile application(s)
16. How can you contact the organisation and the data protection officer?
We welcome your feedback, comments and any questions that you may have.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy, or would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data, or would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Tel: +65 63353984
Address: 2 Bulim Link, Singapore 649674
17. Are there any other privacy policies that you should be aware of?
The privacy policies for our other products and/or services:
- Bluelink Infotainment System
- Hyundai Account and Bluelink App
Updated as of 12 Sep 2023