• Hyundai posts a total of 391,197 units sold in April, increase of 11.1 percent YoY
• Company records highest YoY growth in 40 months
SEOUL, May 2, 2018 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today announced its global sales results for April 2018, posting a total of 391,197 units sold, up 11.1 percent from a year earlier.
The highest growth since December 2014 was led by strong sales of new SUV models - the all-new Santa Fe and Kona – while a recent sales rebound in the Chinese market also largely contributed to the growth.
Sales in overseas market totaled 327,409 units, representing an increase of 12.2 percent year-over-year. Sales increased significantly as the company’s popular subcompact SUV Kona expanded to key markets and demand remained strong in emerging markets such as Brazil, Russia and India.
Sales in the Korean market increased by 5.7 percent compared to the same period of the previous year, recording 63,788 units sold. The all-new Santa Fe became the best-selling model in Korea for the second consecutive month, posting 11,837 units sold.
Hyundai Motor plans to maximize profitability by continuing its SUV sales momentum globally.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales (Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
3. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
- Ends -
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is committed to becoming a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond with its range of world-class vehicles and mobility services offered available in more than 200 countries. Employing more than 110,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai sold more than 4.5 million vehicles globally. Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with vehicles that are helping to build solutions for a more sustainable future, such as NEXO – the world’s first dedicated hydrogen-powered SUV. In 2018 the company revealed its new design philosophy ‘Sensuous Sportiness’, which will be embodied by all upcoming Hyundai vehicles.
More information about Hyundai Motor Company and its products can be found at: http://worldwide.hyundai.com or http://globalpr.hyundai.com
Disclaimer: Hyundai Motor Company believes the information contained herein to be accurate at the time of release. However, the company may upload new or updated information if required and assumes that it is not liable for the accuracy of any information interpreted and used by the reader.