• Sales for October increase by 0.9 percent Y-o-Y, total 408,160 units
SEOUL, Nov. 1, 2018 — Hyundai Motor Company today announced its global sales results for October 2018, recording a total of 408,160 units sold, up 0.9 percent from a year earlier.
Overseas sales dropped by 2.7 percent year-over-year, posting 341,872 units, due in large part to heightening global trade issues and economic unrest in emerging markets such as Turkey. Despite the challenging market environment, Hyundai SUVs continued robust sales led by Kona, which had its best month since its launch last year.
Sales in Korea increased by 25 percent compared with the previous year, resulting in 66,288 units sold. The strong month in Korea was mainly the result of solid SUV sales led by the all-new Santa Fe and Kona. The Santa Fe once again became the best-selling model of all vehicles in Korea, extending the streak to eight months. Azera (Grandeur in Korea) maintained its position as the most popular sedan, posting 9,037 units sold during October.
Hyundai Motor expects SUV sales to build momentum in overseas markets as well, as the company readies the rollout of the all-new Santa Fe and the refreshed Tucson in major markets.
Sales Results (Units)
Sales in Korea
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Sales in Korea are based on retail sales while Overseas Sales (Global Sales excluding Korea) are based on wholesales.
3. Sales result includes entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.