Hyundai Motor announces IONIQ brand dedicated to EVs.
- Hyundai’s dedicated EV brand IONIQ embodies company’s smart mobility vision
- Company aims to offer connected lifestyle experience to customers with IONIQ brand models
- Hyundai will introduce three innovative IONIQ EV models over the next four years, starting early 2021 with IONIQ 5, a midsize EV CUV based on the concept ‘45’
- IONIQ EV models will be built on the E-GMP platform
- IONIQ brand embodies Hyundai’s commitment to provide connected lifestyle solutions
- Hyundai celebrated the brand launch by turning the London Eye into a giant letter ‘Q’ with electric lights
Hyundai Motor Company today announced the launch of its new IONIQ brand dedicated to battery electric vehicles, opening a new chapter as a leader in the era of electrified mobility. Under the IONIQ brand, Hyundai will offer customer centric EV experiences centered on connected lifestyle solutions in line with Hyundai’s vision of ‘Progress for Humanity’.
Under the IONIQ brand, Hyundai Motor will leverage its industry-leading manufacturing know-how in EVs to introduce three new dedicated models over the next four years with more innovative models to follow. The creation of IONIQ brand is in response to fast-growing market demand and accelerates Hyundai’s plan to lead the global EV market.
To fulfill IONIQ’s brand mission, Hyundai will combine its current EV capabilities - such as ultra-fast charging, spacious interior, and battery-supplied power - with future innovations that combine design, technologies and services to integrate in-car and out-of-car experiences for a seamless journey.
“The IONIQ brand will change the paradigm of EV customer experience,” said Wonhong Cho, Executive Vice President and Global Chief Marketing Officer at Hyundai Motor Company. “With a new emphasis on connected living, we will offer electrified experiences integral to an eco-friendly lifestyle.”